Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lightning Storm 07.28.09







It's Tuesday July 28th, 2009. Stormy thunderhead clouds in the afternoon air. Will this be the day? Left the house a little after 8:00pm. Went to my spot by the lake. Not really a sunset tonight. And then for the first time it started hitting just southeast of Mt Meeker in the foothills over the first ridge. You could not get a clear shot of it though.

Thought this could be the day I get the shot I have been working on. This is my 2nd year trying to get my dream shot. Trying to get the twin peaks with some great Lightning action. It WILL happen even if takes me ten years ;-). So I took off for one of my other spots closest the the peaks. Hoping it would go north an start hitting in front of the peaks, but it went out east. It seem to always be behind a ridge or would not come out of the clouds. So I did a loop to 36 and then down Nelson road to another shot. First I shot south east. Then went further down to antenna mountain but it was not hitting in the right place. So I headed south on 59th ave hoping for an image I now have in my mind of a great shot over looking Boulder Res. But no such luck. The storm cell is starting to head out east and getting out of my range. Shot for a little while but it was all clouds to cloud and just over the ridge. I only saw bolts hit the ground a few times. Got stuck in the rain a couple times and did not come up with worthy Image. Over all it was a GREAT Chase, did not get the Shot I wanted but it is always exciting.

Lightning Print / Poster Gallery http://www.thelightningman.com/



Need a family photographer Check out Longmont Photographer Bo Insogna, http://www.striking-photography.com/







No comments: